Attendees of this conference support all facets of IT including CTOs and Directors of Technology, Network Managers and Engineers, Data Base Administrators, Support, and Technicians. We also attract the Classroom Teacher, Administrators, and District and County Superintendents. All of these groups converge to share ideas and information and find out the latest, best technology tools to help improve teaching, learning and administration. In addition, we have an impressive list of exhibitors and vendors providing the latest products and services. Anyone interested in the effective use of technology in schools is welcome!
In 2019, we had over 3,000 attendees including those staffing nearly 400 booths.
This is the conference that will help you learn the best practices and the things to avoid if you are starting a new project, doing research or trying to connect better with your colleagues. Networking opportunities are plentiful and encouraged. With all aspects of the conference included in registration, it is an affordable and valuable professional learning event. The registration fee includes keynotes, sessions, hands on labs, showdowns, featured speakers as well as meals on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Hotel & Travel Information
Please note that we are not working with any housing agencies so any contact claiming to represent CITE is fraudulent.
Conference registration does not include a hotel room. Travel and lodging arrangements are the attendee's responsibility.
All breakout sessions, receptions, and related conference activities will be held at the
Santa Clara Convention Center (5001 Great America Pkwy)
Hotel Registration Is Open! Please click the hotel names below to make your reservations.
The Hyatt Regency Santa Clara (host hotel - adjacent to convention center):
$259 plus tax, complimentary Wi-Fi and $20 daily self parking.
3-night minimum required at Hyatt Santa Clara
Due to the proximity of the Hyatt and their limited number of guestrooms, we are preserving our Hyatt room block to accommodate attendees staying three nights or longer. For those requiring shorter stays, please refer to our room blocks at Marriott Santa Clara and Avatar Hotel. We appreciate your understanding.
5101 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Additional discounted rooms available for CITE attendees:
The Santa Clara Marriott:
tax, free Wi-Fi for Marriott Bonvoy members and $17 daily self parking.
2700 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054
The Avatar Hotel:
tax, free Wi-Fi and parking.
4200 Great America Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
We know getting approval for a conference can be difficult. Not only is your work essential to the operations in your district, budgets are always tight and the focus is on the classroom. That is why we have designed our conference to be one of the most affordable but at the same time most valuable conference experiences.
Consider this list when you put together your pitch to attend:
- CITE is the only association in California focusing on the needs of the IT Professionals working in schools. Sessions and labs are focused on the most relevant issues facing IT, including classroom technology. This could save your organization thousands of dollars in training and research.
- Several meals are included. Breakfast in the local area could cost $10.00 or more and Lunch $15.00 or more. Our conference includes breakfast on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and lunch on Wednesday and Thursday. If you fill up at the evening receptions, you will save even more!
- The Expo Hall provides the best research opportunities for new systems, a chance to meet with your current vendor partners, and compare new capabilities and systems, all without missing any other part of the conference.
- Register before July 31, 2020 for the best pricing.
- Register as a team to save even more.
- Book your travel early. CITE has some of the lowest room rates available.
- Consider using public transportation. The public bus route takes you directly from the airport to the Sheraton, Hyatt, and Convention Center for about $2.00.
- Use your Regional Group or the Listserv to find other members in your area to travel with.
- Check to see if you still have K-12 Voucher funds eligible.
Need a W9?
If you have questions regarding the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.